On Sept. 14, a Randolph County deputy traveled to the Forrest County, Miss., detention facility to arrest and transport Robert Jason Bowen, 39, of Wedowee back to Randolph County.
Bowen’s charges in Randolph County include: two counts of attempting to elude law enforcement, first-degree theft of property, third-degree burglary, second-degree criminal mischief, driving with a suspended license, four counts of driving with a revoked license, two counts of operating a vehicle without insurance, failure to display insurance, possession of a controlled substance, second-degree possession of marijuana, possession of drug paraphernalia and switched tag.
According to recent incident reports from RCSO, on June 17, a Wedowee Police officer requested assistance from the RCSO K-9. The officer had turned around on a 2002 Mazda Protégé. It pulled into a driveway on Old Highway 431, and the driver ran into the woods. K-9 Jager arrived and subsequently alerted to narcotics inside the Mazda. Information obtained during this incident resulted in warrants being issued for Bowen.
On June 30, when RCSO deputies went to serve Bowen with warrants at his residence on County Road 95 in the Liberty Grove community, he hid in the woods. When a deputy spotted him, he fled on foot and was pursued by the deputy until the deputy lost sight of him.
On Aug. 10, a neighbor accused Bowen of taking the key and then taking her silver 2020 Rav4 on Aug. 8. The day after Bowen allegedly took the vehicle, she said he apologized by phone and told her the SUV had broken down. This is the vehicle Bowen was driving when he was stopped in Mississippi, and it was discovered that he had outstanding warrants from Alabama.
• A resident of Louina Road in the Mt. Zion community reported on Sunday that he woke up to the sound of dogs fighting. About five dogs had torn his black female cat apart. He ran after them, but they ran off with the cat. He said this is the sixth cat they have killed. They also attacked him last year, but he did not report it. The dogs also constantly tear up his trash.
• A resident of County Road 35 near Broughton reported that she was bitten twice by a neighbor’s dog while feeding her horses. She had to fight the dog off. The following day while she was feeding horses, the dog returned, and she chased it off. The dog has also caused a horse to run through a fence and get scratched.
• Rock Stand Volunteer Fire Department responded to a vehicle fire on Sunday morning on U.S. Highway 431. The owner of the 2023 Ford Explorer reported smoke came from the vents, so he exited it and called 911. Firefighters put out the fire which is believed to have been electrical.
• The manager of Pop’s Landing in Wedowee reported receiving a forged check.
• A utility trailer loaded with furniture, two pistols, two 12” subwoofers in boxes and ATV ramps were reported stolen from Knockabout Lane in the Swagg area.
• A handgun was reported stolen from a truck on County Road 16 in the Taylor’s Crossroads area.
• Two neighbors on County Road 105 in the Saxon Crossroads area reported the theft of a spare tire from one vehicle and gas from another.
Stephen Lee Dean, 51, of Roanoke – possession of child pornography (grand jury indictment) – Sept. 12
Thomas Dewayne Rostofer, 36, of Wedowee – first-degree rape (grand jury indictment) – Sept. 12
Jessica Elaine Badgett, 36, of LaFayette – failure to appear in court (disorderly conduct) – Sept. 12
Chrystopher Edwin Kiser, 39, of LaFayette – failure to appear in court (possession of drug paraphernalia, failure to register vehicle, no insurance, running a red light and driving with a suspended license) – Sept. 13
Georgia Leigh Thompson, 24, of Graham – unauthorized use of a vehicle – Sept. 13
Jeffery Robin Walker Jr., 45, of Roanoke – second-degree sexual abuse, first-degree sodomy and first-degree rape (all grand jury indictments) – Sept. 13
Rachel Marie Stewart, 37, of Woodland – failure to pay child support – Sept. 13
Arnold Parker, 62, of Wedowee – failure to appear in court (child support, driving with a suspended license and tinted windows)
Eddie Walter Morgan, 63, of Roanoke – failure to appear in court (for payment review) – Sept. 14
Kenya Vernae Foster, 43, of Roanoke – leaving child in car and endangering the welfare of a child – Sept. 15
Semaj Marques Nunn, 29, of Roanoke – parole violation – Sept. 15
Terry Lynn Wiggins, 63, of Wedowee – possession of a controlled substance and failure to appear in court (possession of a controlled substance x 2 and possession of drug paraphernalia x 2) – Sept. 15
Kendall Lamar White, 30, of Roanoke – third-degree domestic violence and domestic violence by strangulation – Sept. 15
Joshua Wayne Simpson, 32, of Roanoke – failure to appear in court (Sex Offender Registration Notification Act violation) – Sept. 15
Kimberly Ann Smith, 46, of Roanoke – DUI – Sept. 15
Dejuan Darrell “Gucci” Clark, 28, of Roanoke – failure to appear in court (attempting to elude law enforcement) – Sept. 15
John Glenn Price, 50, of Roanoke – failure to appear in court (unauthorized use of a vehicle and speeding) – Sept. 15
Michael Adam Pike, 32, of Oxford – two counts of failure to comply with judge’s orders – Sept. 16
Jonathan Harley Putnam, 45, of Wedowee – public intoxication – Sept. 17
Randy Lee Sullivan, 57, of Woodland – third-degree domestic violence (harassment) and resisting arrest – Sept. 17
Jonathon Alan “Bubba” Morrison, 36, of Roanoke – possession of a controlled substance and possession of drug paraphernalia – Sept. 17