Playing a series of games against several larger schools in an event at Choccolocco Park, the RCHS Tigers went 0-4 in games Friday through Tuesday.
The 2A Tigers were competitive in a four-run loss to 5A Moody Friday and a three-run loss to 7A Dothan Monday, but were unable to break through and win against the tougher competition.
The losses put RCHS at 7-8 on the season.
L 10-6 vs. Moody Friday
L 5-1 vs. Vestavia Hills Saturday
L 5-2 vs. Dothan Monday
L 11-1 vs. Sardis Tuesday
• J.D. Till had at least one hit in all four games and finished 5-for- 15 with a double and two RBI. Till is now hitting .359 and has a nine-game hitting streak.
• Noah Turner went 2-for-3 with two RBI in the loss to Moody.
• Jace Dunn was 2-for-3 with two runs scored against Moody and leads RCHS with .459 batting average and 14 RBI.
• Joshua Burns also had a hit in all four games (4-for-12). He has hit safely in six straight games to raise his average from .167 to .302.
• Gaven Caldwell pitched in three of the four games. In 7.1 innings he allowed just two hits and one unearned run while striking out four. Caldwell has not allowed an earned run in 11.1 innings pitched this season.
Coming up next: RCHS has a key area matchup against Horseshoe Bend Thursday.