WEDOWEE - In a called meeting last Tuesday, Randolph County Board of Education continued to get ready for the upcoming 2021-2022 school year with the hiring of new staff.
The board approved the following personnel actions:
- Karen McMath as assistant principal at Randolph County High School, effective immediately.
- Hannah Ferrell as special education teacher at Rock Mills Jr. High School, effective with the 2021-2022 school year.
- Belinda Mock at itinerant EL (English learner) teacher, effective with the 2021-2022 school year.
- The resignation of Kimberly Whiddon, pre-K auxiliary teacher at Rock Mills, effective June 25.
- Gilda Stewart as a substitute teacher.
In other business, the board amended the budget for fiscal year 2021.