Randolph County Board of Education made some final personnel moves in a meeting on Tuesday evening of last week.
During the meeting the board, approved:
- Thomas Herren as math/science teacher at Woodland High.
- Cody Whitfield as band director at Woodland High.
- Jeffery Jackson as P.E. teacher at Woodland Elementary.
- Rodney Berryhill as custodian at Woodland High.
- Matthew Fendley as paraprofessional at Randolph County High.
- Hayle Grant as pre-K teacher at Wedowee Elementary.
- Kayla Weathers as school nurse for Wedowee Elementary/Wedowee Middle.
- Steve Dempsey and Gary Boyd as Randolph County High School/Wedowee Middle and Elementary bus drivers.
- The board accepted the resignation of:
- Jeremy Stanford as P.E. teacher at coach at Woodland High, effective Aug. 22, or when a suitable replacement has been hired.
- Caitlin Stanford, elementary teacher at Woodland Elementary, effective Aug. 22, or when a suitable replacement has been hired.
- Jake Moore, paraprofessional at Wedowee Middle School.
- Tyrell Bishop, P.E. teacher at Woodland Elementary School.
Ischoolsportsnetwork attended the meeting and made donations to the three county schools, Randolph County High, Woodland and Wadley.
They also announced the formation of a scholarship in the name of Wes Kinsey to Southern Union State Community College. The Wes Kinsey Scholarship will be awarded to a student at all four local high schools. More information on the scholarship will be announced later.
iSchoolSports was founded to provide an alternative way to listen to your favorite high school sports. Beginning with a game of the week, quickly has transitioned into providing coverage of all four schools in Randolph County, each school, every week. The crews have attachments to the community and school they broadcast.
The board approved Candice Lamb, Kaycee Dukus and Ashley Williamson as substitute teachers.
The approved Maria Tibbits, Candice Lamb, Yvonne Sears, Ashley Williamson, Kaycee Dukus and Brenda Spratlin as substitutes for support personnel.