WADLEY - During Wadley Town Council's meeting, the council took the next step necessary to purchase new police vehicles.
Last month the council approved the purchase, and on Monday the council approved the authorization of Mayor Donna McKay and Mayor Pro Tem Michael Brown to sign at First Bank to borrow the money necessary ($77,000) to purchase two new police vehicles from Buster Miles.
In addition, the council:
- Approved to renew the AirMedCare municipal state membership.
- Approved alcoholic beverage licenses for Wadley Food Mart (transfer of license) and Hometown Grocery (new license).
- Reviewed and accepted the municipal water pollution prevention resolution.
- Approved surplus property (Ford Taurus).
- Approved recovering floor at town hall.
- Approved July 5 to be recognized as a holiday.