WEDOWEE - Randolph County Board of Education made several decisions about support personnel during a special called meeting on Aug. 8.
The board approved the following personnel actions:
- Sherry Hulsey and Tommy Herren as substitute teachers.
- Sherry Hulsey as a substitute for support personnel.
- Joey Gay and Rebecca Rainwater as substitute bus drivers.
- A request for leave for Cathy Windsor through Oct. 25.
- Morgan Smith as a teacher's aide at Wadley High School.
- Elyssa Johnson as a teacher's aide at Woodland Elementary School.
- Jaqueline Baker as itinerant school nurse.
The board accepted the resignation of itinerant school nurse Lori Roberson.
Board member Jimmy McCain discussed the possibility of a 'no homework' policy. He said a neighboring system has this policy and is seeing some success.
Board member Darrel Hardin believes the board should rescind the pre-K fee and refund parents' money. He believes if the system offers pre-K, it should fund pre-K.
Board member Billy Lane noted that would have to be done in a regular meeting because it wasn't on the agenda for that evening's special called meeting.