Roanoke City Schools
By Jayla Noles Benefield
Roanoke Board of Education made some final personnel moves at their meeting on Tuesday evening of last week.
In personnel business, the board approved:
- Brooke Cohran as pre-K auxiliary teacher at Knight-Enloe Elementary.
- Shernedra Burton as special education aide at Handley Middle School.
- The transfer of Rebecca Hickman from pre-K auxiliary teacher to lead pre-K teacher at Knight-Enloe Elementary.
- The transfer of Pam Williams from Handley Middle special education aide to Knight-Enloe special education aide.
- Lisa A. Norred as substitute teacher.
- Sherry Cook and Rhonda Martin for substitutes for cafeteria/custodian.
The board also approved the following contracts:
- For Randolph County Board of Education to provide monthly bus inspections and periodic maintenance and repair on Roanoke City Schools-owned school buses.
- With Brenda Fincher to provide special education services to students who attend schools within Roanoke City Schools system from Aug. 6, 2019, to May 21, 2020.
- With Kathy Murphy to provide choral music classes three days a week at Handley Middle School.
- In other business the board approved:
- The salary schedule
- Changes and corrections to coaching supplements.
- Student codes of conduct.