If you’re a current subscriber, log in below. If you would like to subscribe, please click the subscribe tab above.
Username and Password Help
Woman crashes car into Boondocks dining room.
A driver accidentally drove into the side of Boondocks BBQ & Creamery in Wedowee on Saturday afternoon. According to the report, there were no serious injuries when Shirley Foster, 75, of Newell crashed into the dining room with her 2016 Kia Soul. Southern Ambulance Transport treated one man at the scene, but he refused transport to the hospital.
According to Boondocks’s Facebook page the restaurant remains open for takeout and drive-through orders, but the dining room is temporarily closed for repairs.
Randolph County Sheriff’s Office and Dickert Volunteer Fire Department responded to a woods fire that was close to a structure on County Road 867. Property owner Christopher Shannon Allen told responders he was riding his scooter and fell while trying to put out a burn pile. The fire spread to the woods. It did not get to a building, but did get dangerously close. Allen was transported by Southern Ambulance Transport to Tanner-East Alabama Medical Center for injuries from the scooter accident.
RCSO and Dickert VFD also responded to a fire on Louina Road. The fire was approximately 50 yards by 20 yards and damaged Malcolm Rowland’s residence, boat and a large portion of woods. Rowland told responders that two days prior he had set fire to a TV box, and it had set a log on fire. He thought he had put that fire out and could not think of another cause for this fire.
A locksmith reported the theft of a car immobilizer device from his vehicle on Friday.
Items were reported stolen from a loft on Sunday on County Road 289 in the Caver’s Grove community.
Power tools were reported stolen on Sunday from a barn on County Road 487 near Napoleon.
- Roy Gene Brown, 40, of Roanoke – failure to appear in court (unauthorized use of a vehicle, driving with license revoked x 2, operating a vehicle without insurance, failure to maintain reasonable and prudent speed and failure to display insurance) – Nov. 7
- Larry Vinson Bailey, 52, of LaFayette – probation violation – Nov. 7
- Harlis Trever Wood, 31, of Wedowee – public intoxication – Nov. 8
- Adam Wayne Thomas, 24, of Wedowee – child support (contempt of court) – Nov. 8
- Randy Preston “P-Nasty” “Jap Jr.” Weaver, 34, of Wedowee – failure to appear in court
(criminal mischief) – Nov. 8
- Zander Lee Platzek, 19, of Roanoke – probation violation – Nov. 8
- Jimmy Lewis Thomas Jr., 52, of Roanoke – probation violation – Nov. 10
- Desaray Diane Darda, 29, of Roanoke – failure to appear in court (fourth-degree theft) – Nov. 11
- Tyrone D. Rutlin, 52, of Wedowee – failure to appear in court (DUI and driving with license revoked) – Nov. 11
- Robert Anthony Smith, 49, of Roanoke – two counts of third-degree domestic violence and failure to appear in court (speeding and child support) – Nov. 11
- Robert Lewis Nelson, 29, of Roanoke – failure to appear in court – Nov. 12
- Terry Lee Prothro, 48, of Roanoke – failure to appear in court (failure to display insurance and driving with license revoked) – Nov. 12