If you’re a current subscriber, log in below. If you would like to subscribe, please click the subscribe tab above.
Username and Password Help
With the holidays just around the corner, Randolph County Commission has cancelled the last workshop and meeting for November due to the Thanksgiving holidays and the last workshop and meeting in December due to Christmas holidays. Each commissioner sent Thanksgiving greetings to all residents in the county.
In other business at Monday’s meeting, the commission:
- Approved an alcohol license for Little River RV Resort formerly Pop’s Landing. Commissioner Lorenzo Foster abstained from the vote.
- Approved to hold a public hearing at the next regular meeting to hear public comment on a proposed retirement incentive program.
- Approved a budget amendment due to increased grant funding to the Drug Court program.
- Approved an independent contractor’s agreement with Merra Phillips to serve as the Drug Court coordinator.
- Approved the agreement with the City of Roanoke and the Town of Wedowee for housing of inmates, The cities will pay $35 per day per inmate. Commissioner Foster abstained.
- Approved Kim Bozeman from district 4 to serve on the DHR board.
- Approved the proposal for pre-renovation, demolition and hazardous material survey submitted by Environmental Materials Consultants of Montgomery.
- Approved an agreement with Ingenuity, Inc., for professional services to the revenue commissioner’s office for registration, licensing and property tax administration software.
- Heard a report from Sheriff David Cofield there were 74 inmates in the county jail.
- Announced the courthouse and annexes will be closed from noon November 22 and remain closed through November 24 for the Thanksgiving holiday.