If you’re a current subscriber, log in below. If you would like to subscribe, please click the subscribe tab above.
Username and Password Help
Reports are for period ending on October 29th
Suspected burglar held at gunpoint until police arrive
A resident of County Road 25 near Morrison Crossroads, who had been the recent victim of a burglary, was informed by a friend that a truck was backed up to their storage building last Wednesday. The resident brought along another friend, and they blocked in the suspect’s truck. The resident’s friend fired a shot into the ground, then a second shot, at which time the person in the storage building said “don’t shoot.”
They ordered the suspect to come out and get onto the ground. They ordered him to empty his pockets and made him lay there face down until law enforcement arrived.
Jason Ryan Cook, 45, of Newell was subsequently arrested and charged with third-degree burglary, fourth-degree theft of property and possession of drug paraphernalia.
A 24-inch TV, Roku device, diamond ring, power drill, palm sander, spray paint and clothes were reported stolen from a residence on County Road 99 in the Swagg community.
Dickert Volunteer Fire Department responded to a call at 3:46 p.m. on County Road 35 near Broughton. A firefighter noted to RCSO that this was the third time they had been called to that address. No one was at home at the time.
Residents of Louina Road, just outside Roanoke city limits, reported that someone shot at their house last Thursday. Bullet casings were found in the yard.
A burglary was reported on Oct. 27 on County Road 447 near Bethel East. Items taken from a camper include two TVs, muck boots, clothes, a deer camera, Kobalt tools and a partial spool of copper wire.
Taylor’s Cars on U.S. 431, Roanoke, reported unauthorized use of a vehicle on Oct. 27.
A break-in was reported on County Road 2565 near Swagg on Oct. 29. Although someone had been inside the house, it was unclear if anything is missing.
- Randall Wayne Burkhart, 63, of Wedowee – possession of a controlled substance, second-degree possession of marijuana, possession of drug paraphernalia and failure to comply with judge’s orders (first-degree receiving stolen property and third-degree receiving stolen property) – Oct. 25
- Jon Allen McGill, 45, of Wadley – violation of family protection order – Oct. 25
- Roger Miller, 56, of Roanoke – third-degree domestic violence – Oct. 25
- Michael Adam Pike, 32, of Oxford – failure to appear in court (third-degree theft) – Oct. 25
- Kayla Marie Simpson, 33, of Wedowee – second-degree possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia – Oct. 25
- Michael Todd Daniel Jr., 43, of Wedowee – four counts of second-degree bail jumping – Oct. 26
- Austin Alexander McIntyre, 28, of Bowdon, Ga. – possession of a controlled substance – Oct. 26
- Austin Alexander McIntyre, 28, of Bowdon, Ga. – possession of a controlled substance – Oct. 27
- Jason Earl Vowell, 42, of Wedowee – probation violation – Oct. 27
- James David Screws, 33, of Lineville – third-degree criminal trespassing, second-degree assault and harassment – Oct. 28. The assault occurred in February on County Road 53 near Malone during which he allegedly struck a family member with a metal pipe.
- Jessica Elaine Green, 36, of LaGrange, Ga. – failure to appear in court – Oct.