A Milltown man was arrested on Friday in connection with an assault that occurred on Wednesday night at a residence on Banks Road in Roanoke.
Michael Degaris, 66, is charged with second-degree assault, third-degree assault and first-degree burglary.
The victims, Rick Hodges and Falon Morgan, allege that Degaris had come to the door earlier and was asked to leave. When Degaris later went inside the house, the victims stated that Degaris hit Hodges twice with a beer bottle. Both men tripped over an elliptical machine, with Degaris getting on top of Hodges and hitting him with a crowbar. Morgan tried to break it up, but Degaris hit her twice in the face.
Hodges refused medical attention for his injuries.
• A Carrollton, Ga., man fled from law enforcement on Sunday in connection with a domestic violence incident that happened at a home on Florence Road on Lake Wedowee.
James Steven Pittman, 51, is charged with attempting to elude law enforcement, possession of a controlled substance, possession of drug paraphernalia, third-degree domestic violence and first-degree unlawful imprisonment.
Following the initial altercation at the residence, the victim alleged that Pittman put her into his vehicle against her will. When he stopped at Lake Wedowee Bait & Tackle, she jumped out of his vehicle and into another vehicle with a random man who she asked to take her to the police station. When officers met with the victim, she described Pittman’s vehicle and was then taken to Tanner-East Alabama Medical Center to get checked out. Shortly thereafter, a Wedowee PD investigator spotted Pittman’s vehicle and tried to get him to stop. He did not and proceeded down Highway 48 East at a high rate of speed, eventually wrecking into a field across from Shiloh Baptist Church, Graham. Then Pittman fled on foot but was caught by deputies. From there he was taken to Tanner-East Alabama from having been in the wreck.
• Randolph County Sheriff’s Department responded to two vehicle fires on Aug. 15.
That morning, a vehicle fire was reported on County Road 82. Matthew Hill of Newell told deputies he smelled smoke coming from his 2003 Ford F-250, so he pulled over and opened the hood. There was fire under the hood, and it exploded before firefighters from Foster’s Crossroads Volunteer Fire Department could get there.
Then that afternoon, Destiny McCormick of Wadley was driving her 2013 Ford Fusion on Highway 22 when she also smelled smoke and pulled over. She could see flames coming from under the hood, but the fire burned itself out and didn’t spread. Dickert Volunteer Fire Department responded.
• A resident of County Road 512 in the Hawk community reported finding scratches and handprints on his 2019 Jeep Cherokee that was parked at home.
• A complainant reported that someone tampers with his headstone at Providence Baptist Church Cemetery, Woodland. This person recently covered up his name with duct tape and on another occasion stacked up bricks until they covered his name.
• The owner of a pop-up camper that was reported stolen on Aug. 16 let RCSO know that it was seen in the yard of a residence on County Road 82, Newell. When investigators arrived, the pop-up camper had been recently burned. The County Road 82 residence said he had purchased it from two men. A third man had been to his residence a few times asking if he could buy or live in the camper. He told this man no numerous times. That individual was seen inside the camper the night before the new “owner” woke up to find it burned.
• A resident of Woodland reported criminal eavesdropping and recording of conversations on Aug. 17.
• A man was outside burning trash on Aug. 17 on County Road 517 near Big Springs when he was attacked by a pack of dogs. He told deputies he had a machete with him and defended himself. He asked that a report be filed about the incident.
• A Wedowee resident reported unauthorized charges on her Wisely Pre-Paid Master Card on Friday.
• The owner of a home on County Road 20 in the Lime community reported on Friday that someone had broken into the house and thrown trash all over inside of the house. They also stole the front door, a microwave, a gun cabinet, cleaning supplies and porcelain dolls.
• A property owner reported on Saturday that an approximately 200-year-old millstone was taken from a location on County Road 4 in the Levens’ Chapel area.
Kevin Lee Lashley, 24, of LaFayette – failure to appear in court (third-degree domestic violence and possession of drug paraphernalia) and fugitive from justice – August 14
Amber Lynn White, 28, of Woodland – third-degree assault – August 14
Brittany Nicole Sartin, 31, of Woodland – failure to appear in court (four traffic citations) – August 14
Joshua Wayne Petty, 34, of LaGrange. Ga. – failure to appear in court (child support) – August 15
Brittany Nichole Hendley, 30, of Wadley – Community Corrections Program violation – August 15
Thomas Floyd Evans Jr., 66, of Roanoke – violation of family protection order – Aug. 16
Aundra Contrel Robinson, 44, of Wedowee – failure to appear in court (first-degree criminal trespassing and third-degree criminal mischief) – Aug. 16
Timothy Eugene Addison, 53, of Roanoke – failure to appear in court (DUI and improper passing) – Aug. 18
Kevin Maurice Thompson, 47, of Roanoke – Community Corrections Program violation – Aug. 18
Stefani Gauna Sirlei, 47, of Marietta, Ga. – third-degree domestic violence – Aug. 19
Kevin James Sudduth, 39, of Roanoke – failure to appear in court (child support)- Aug. 19
Samantha Jill Ward, 26, of Roanoke – harassing communications – Aug. 19
Kevin Lee Lewis, 46, of Wadley – failure to pay fines (sale of cocaine) – Aug. 20
Linson Jermaine Lorenzo, 50, of Roanoke – failure to pay child support – Aug. 20
Michael Adam Pike, 31, of Oxford – two counts of probation revocation – Aug. 20
Julie Ann Bryan, 36, of 853 Co Rd 608, Wedowee – Failure to Appear in Court (Driving While Suspended) – August 16
Brittany Nicole Sartin, 31, of 7252 Co Rd 59, Roanoke – Failure to Appear in Court (Driving While Suspended x 2, Failure to Register Vehicle, Operating a Vehicle Without Insurance, Driving Revoked x 3, Failure to Display Insurance) – August 16
Andrew Joshua McGinnis, 30, of 320 Peachtree Street, Roanoke – Possession of Cocaine – August 18
Daylin Trentay Birmingham, 32, of Field Street Apt 11, Roanoke – Failure to Appear/Comply/Pay x 5 – August 18
Christopher Lamar Clark, 36, of 4091 Co Rd 297, Roanoke – Possession of Drug Paraphernalia 1st Offense – August 18
Ruby Ann Hicks, 55, of 423 Clark Street, Roanoke – Failure to Appear/Comply/Pay – August 20
Demetrius Dion Trammell, 21, of 407 North Avenue, Lanett – Failure to Appear in Court (Driving While Suspended) – August 20
Ruby Ann Hicks, 55, of 423 Clark Street, Roanoke – Possession of Drug Paraphernalia 1st Offense, Resisting Arrest – August 21
Terrance Durand Sims, 48, of 333 Weathers Street, Wedowee – Failure to Appear in Court (Expired Tag, Operating a Vehicle Without Insurance) – August 22