At last Thursday’s meeting of Wadley Town Council, the council voted unanimously to pay off all the town’s debt. The town recently sold the Perry Building and will use proceeds to pay off the debt. The debt was listed as $121,775.27 on the Perry property loan, $22,438.29 on police vehicles and $11,115.42 on utility department vehicles. The total debt on all loans is $155,328.98. After paying off the loans, there will be $30, 428.98 remaining from the building sale.
In other business, the council:
- Added attorney Clay Tinney to the attorney list and will use as needed.
- Approved a $1,000 donation to the American Legion.
- Approved an increase to $200 deposit for use of the recreation fields.
- Approved material and work on the recreation fields.
- Approved an amended agreement for the TAP grant (Transportation Alternative Program Project) to alter the funding.
- Approved up to $2,000 donation for a community theater.
- Approved the latest town audit.
- Scheduled the next meeting for Monday, August 7 at 5 p.m.