At last week’s called meeting of Randolph County School Board, Margie Murphy took her place on the board after being sworn in to the position. Murphy will fill the unexpired term of the late Jimmy McCain. She was appointed by the board at the last regular meeting.
With the end of school just a couple of weeks away, the board handled a number of personnel actions. Those approved by the board included:
– April Cox as a Substitute Bus Driver.
– Carla Robinson as Child Nutrition Worker at Rock Mills Jr. High School, effective with the start of the 2023-2024 school year.
– Chasity Marable as elementary teacher at Wedowee Elementary School, effective with the 2023-2024 school year.
– The resignation of Dustin Farrow, special education aide at Wedowee Middle School, effective with the end of the 2022-2023 school year.
– Billy Turner as general social science teacher at RCHS, effective with the 2023-2024 school year.
– The non-renewal of the following certified teaching positions effective the last day of the 2022-2023 school year Alyssa Kent, Wadley High School, Haley Williams, Woodland Elementary School and Elizabeth Kirby, Woodland Elementary School.