TIN SHOP – The state fire marshal was called in to investigate a house fire on Monday morning on County Road 59 in the Tin Shop community.
Tin Shop Volunteer Fire Department is close by and responded quickly, but the two-story residence was fully involved.
Volunteer firefighters explained to Randolph County Sheriff’s Office that the front door appeared to have been damaged when they arrived at the scene. It also appeared that accelerant had been poured on the kitchen floor, and a similar burn pattern was also on the second floor. The rental house had neither electricity nor gas connected at the time of the fire.
The last tenant was not staying there and had been served an eviction notice.
The owner of a residence, Paul Sikes of Valley, reported on Aug. 3 that copper pipe was stolen from the house, along with the storm door. The front door was damaged, and trash was piled up, blocking the door to a storage building.