Lemon is one of the flavors that reminds me of spring, and this super simple icebox pie will quickly become one of your favorites. It is bright and tart and it also doesn’t require any baking so it won’t heat up your kitchen!
You can find the already made graham cracker piecrusts in the baking section of your grocery store. Make sure that you let your cream cheese sit out and come to room temperature before trying to mix it to get the right consistency.
The lemon zest and freshly squeezed lemon juice makes this pie wonderful, and it really is worth the little bit of extra effort. Just don’t forget to remove the seeds!
This pie can be stored covered in the fridge for up to five days and it can also be frozen for up to three months.
It would be perfect to double the recipe, make one to have right away and put one in the freezer to have on hand when you need a quick dessert.
• 1 (9”) graham cracker pie crust
• 1 (8oz) block of cream cheese softened to room temperature
• 1 (14 oz.) can of sweetened condensed milk
• ½ cup of freshly squeezed lemon juice
• Zest of two lemons
• Whipped cream or cool whip
• Lemon slices for garnish
1) Place the cream cheese into a mixing bowl and use an electric mixer to blend until smooth and creamy.
2) Add the sweetened condensed milk, lemon juice and lemon zest and blend again until the ingredients are fully incorporated and completely smooth.
3) Pour the filling into the graham cracker pie crust, smooth the top and chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours to set.
4) Top with whipped cream or cool whip and garnish with extra zest and lemon slices.
This recipe serves 8-10.